Terms & Conditions
Secondlifeasia Protection Plan service contract terms and conditions
“Product” means digital devices covered under a valid Service Contract
“You” and “Your” refer to the purchaser of the Product and Service Contract
“We”, “Us” and “Our“ refers to Secondlifeasia Technology Sdn Bhd (“SLA”)
“Coverage” means coverage for mechanical and electrical defects in the Product including where applicable, the Display Screen attached to such Product and with additional benefits such as Accidental Damage (defined below*)
“Valid Claim“ means a one-time screen replacement or one-time full replacement of the Product and subject to the service fees noted below.
“Service Fee” means a payment by You to Us if a Valid Claim takes place.
“Service Contract” means this Service Contract, which You have purchased to cover the Product.
- Our SECONDLIFEASIA PROTECTION PLAN Service Contract (“Service Contract”) known as “Secondlifeasia PP” provides coverage for parts and labour in respect of the covered Product stated on Our Sales Invoice/Receipt for covered inherent mechanical and electrical defects only and only to the extent provided by the manufacturer of the Product;
- This means that, inclusive of manufacturer’s warranty period, the Product will have a total Warranty of twelve (12) months from date of purchase of the Product, subject to payment of the applicable fee for the Secondlifeasia PP.
- The Product use is or has been limited to domestic and personal use.
- Accidental Damage – This repair service coverage is for mechanical or electrical defects of the Product caused by accidental damage due to physical impact (such as cracked screen) and spillage of liquids (collectively referred to as “Accidental Damage”).
- For iPhone, one (1) valid claim per term for unit replacement and screen replacement.
- For Apple Watch and iPad, one (1) valid claim per term for unit replacement only.
- For Mac device, one (1) valid claim per term for each part replacement only.
This Service Contract may only be purchased at any point in time by any individual as long as the individual can prove to us:
- The product ownership which includes the serial/IMEI numbers of the device;
- Declaration that the product is in good and working conditions. (Proof by photos of device/devices)
- Coverage will not, under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential damages including but not limiting to losses incurred due to any
delay in rendering service related to this Service Contract and loss of use during the period that Your Product is at a Secondlifeasia Service Centre, and/or while awaiting repair.
- Our liability is for any one (1) Valid Claim and shall in no event exceed the price of the Product.
- We will Repair or Replace the Product or decline service at our sole discretion.
- Under the SECONDLIFEASIA PP you will pay a replacement fee for each whole device replacement.
The terms and conditions of the Service Contract shall form an integral part of this Service Contract and you are required to comply with the same in order to enjoy the benefits. Details of such terms and conditions are available for your review
before your purchase of this Service Contract and a copy of such terms and conditions will be made available to you upon request.
- Negligence of any kind, omission or default.
- Any defective workmanship, including but not limited to liability arising out of implied warranties of merchantability, implied warranties of fitness, and strict liability.
- Liability to anyone other than the Insured or Service Contract holder, as the case may be.
- Any acts of fraud, or other dishonest or criminal acts
- Property & product liability insurance.
- Products that are still covered by the manufacturer’s/dealer’s original written warranty, or the Insured’s’ dealer warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranties in effect.
- Any defects that are subject to recall by the manufacturer/dealer.
- Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, or product finish, accessories used in or with the eligible product unless covered under a separate Service Contract, cables, cords, add-on options incorporated in a product for which options are not essential to the basic function of the Product for which the Service Contract was purchased.
- Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals.
- Routine maintenance, cleaning, adjustments or software updates.
- Damage neglect, abuse, misuse, theft, sand, corrosion, excessive heat, battery leakage, acts of god, commercial usage, power outages or surges, inadequate or improper voltage or current (fluctuation of electrical power, lightning, static electricity), improper environment (including lack of proper temperature or humidity).
- Unauthorised modifications made to the Product and/or problems/defects arising from such unauthorised modifications; altered serial/IMEI numbers; failure to follow manufacturers’ instructions on installation, operation or maintenance; repairs performed by non-authorised repairer; any items not affecting the function of the Product; image burn.
- Reception and transmission problems resulting from external causes.
- Costs of removal or reinstallation unless specifically included in the Service Contract.
- Problems or defects not covered under the original manufacturer’s/dealer’s original written warranty or any other warranties in effect unless otherwise stated.
- Failure to follow manufacturer’s recommended instructions for installation, operation, routine care maintenance, inspection, cleaning, external adjustments etc. including problems cause by a device that is not the Product, including equipment/accessories that are not OEM, whether or not purchased at the same time as the Product.
- Damage due to organic infestation (from internal and/or external sources)
- Commercial use (multi-user organisations), public rental, use for profit or communal use.
- Any accessories (include cable, power adapter, etc.)
For Service in Malaysia. Call Secondlifeasia Service Centre:
Our Customer Service Representatives or Secondlifeasia Service Centre staff will be ready to guide you through the service process. To expedite service, please ensure that you have your Service Contract details readily available before placing the call or visiting the Secondlifeasia Service Centre. If the original manufacturer’s warranty is still valid, you are required to utilise the original manufacturer’s warranty notwithstanding that the Service Contract is already in force. Repairs must only be carried out through a Secondlifeasia Service Centre. For all repairs, the Service Contract sales receipt/invoice for the Product must be presented.
This Service Contract shall terminate immediately with no refund of the Service Fee paid in the event of any of the following:
- Disposal or repossession of the Product;
- Unauthorised repair, replacement or modification of the Product;
- In the event of any Valid Claim/claims which exceeded the full claimable amount under this Service Contract.
This Service Contract can be cancelled within 14 days of the product purchase date at a full refund provided that no valid claim has taken place. If a valid claim has taken place this Service Contract cannot be cancelled.
The Service Contract is service contract for repair service. The Service Contract is not insurance policies or guarantees given by Secondlifeasia relating to the nature of the material, workmanship or performance of the Product.
You CANNOT sell, transfer, assign, pledge, or otherwise encumber or dispose of this Service Contract.
Secondlifeasia reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
All services provided by Second Life Asia Sdn Bhd are non-refundable. Faulty and/or malfunction of parts repaired/replaced will be covered under warranty from Second Life Asia (either 3, 6 or 12 months warranty) and no refund is available.